- Through an exciting and contemporary program across all forms of the visual arts, Cessnock Regional Art Gallery aims to inspire local residents, to showcase Hunter Valley artists and to add a new dimension to the cultural life in the Cessnock City local government area.
- In addition to a broad exhibition program, a vibrant relevant education program for all ages, and (imported) touring exhibitions will complete the Gallery showcase to the community.
- The Gallery is a not-for-profit incorporated association and enjoys ATO charitable status. It is operated by a Management Committee, Foundation and Advisory Committee (curatorial). We are financially supported by the community, business and local Government.
- We aim to become a respected, well patronised, visual arts focal point for artists, local residents and young people. It will also become a 'must see' for Wine Country tourists with well promoted exhibitions.
- Individuals representing Hunter Valley arts groups, tourism, education and other stakeholders advise the Gallery and will continue to participate in the development process.
- Sponsorship by Hunter Valley companies and small business will be actively sought for our Programs.
The Committee oversees all aspects of the operation of the community based, not for profit Gallery, including a substantial growth and Capital Appeal Program. Members of the Management Committee have experience in business management, legal or financial areas and have an active interest or involvement in the arts. Meetings are held monthly, with additional involvement, as required, for the successful operation of the Gallery.
This Committee advises the Management Committee in various aspects of the Gallery Exhibition and Education Programs. The Committee works closely with the Gallery staff and has an extensive knowledge of the Gallery's audience. Members comprise practicing artists, arts workers and teachers.